Dental Bridge: Types, Benefits, Use Cases and Costs
Dentists advise dental bridges after you have lost one tooth, and now, you want to know all the details of a dental bridge. You are at the right place, as in this article, you will know about all four types of dental bridges, their use case, and the cost of the dental bridge replacement procedure.
What is a Dental Bridge?
According to Wikipedia
What are the types of dental Bridges?
A dental bridge consists of a connector and pontics. Four main types of a dental bridge are as follows:
- Traditional bridge
- Maryland bridge
- Cantilever bridge
- Implant-supported bridge
§ Traditional bridge
It is one of the most popular replacement options for a lost tooth. It consists of a false tooth or pontic and connector placed on the abutment tooth on each side.
§ Cantiliver dental bridge
A cantilever dental bridge like a traditional bridge is fixed in place by a dental crown. The crown is cemented with just one abutment tooth. It requires only one natural tooth alongside the missing one. Many dentists do not recommend this because of retention and stability issues.
§ Maryland dental bridge
Maryland dental bridges, like traditional bridges, use two natural abutment teeth on either side of the gap. Maryland bridge uses a porcelain or metal framework that is bonded with the help of restorative material to the lingual side of the abutment teeth.
§ Implant-supported bridge
If you don’t have any teeth dentist recommends an implant-supported bridge. In this type of bridge, the dentist surgically places the implant and uses it as an abutment. This procedure has prolonged healing time, and some patients consider it an expensive tooth replacement option.
How much do you have to pay for a dental bridge?
This is one of the most asked questions on google search results. The cost is dependent on one or more of these factors below:
- Number of missing teeth
- Type of material like PFM, all ceramic, zirconia
- The difficulty of implant placement
The type of bridge also affects the cost of treatment.
- Traditional or cantilever bridges range in price from 3500O to 55,000 INR for one pontic and a crown for each abutment tooth.
- A bridge supported by two dental implants that span three or four teeth could cost 40,000 to 80,000 INR
- Maryland bridge of one pontic with the framework, or wings, attached to the abutment teeth costs $1,500 to $2,500.
What are the use cases of a dental bridge?
A dental bridge can help in the following ways
- It can help you in restoring your smile esthetics
- It can prevent the deformation of bone and also prevent the fracture of the remaining tooth
- A dental bridge can help you in eating by distributing occlusal forces equally
- It protects the alignment of the remaining teeth
After reading this article, you have learned all the essential information about the dental bridge. Ensure that you consult your dentist before taking any decision. You can also consult our expert dentists at Dental Bee.
Dental Bee is a home dental clinic that is known to provide dental treatments at the comfort of your home. The clinic has their own specialized portable van with all their dental equipment’s, necessary for installing dental bridge at home. Their services are spread across Delhi- NCR. They have well-experienced doctors for the dental treatments who follow all the strict safety and hygienic protocols.